09 August 2010

First Impression: GetBackers

I have seen the first episode of GetBackers back in 2004 if I'm not mistaken. Did blog exist back then? I'm not sure but yeah after the first couple of episodes, I kinda put it aside and forgot about it until recently when I found an awesome fanart by papillon10. It just makes me want to see the series so badly. I guess I got my hopes high for it to turn out slightly yaoi-ish ^_^"


The story is about two straight guys who can get anything that you want them to get back hence the title. It was pretty straight to the point. I assumed they will meet different client in each episode and do what they do best.

The comedy was poor. I don't even smile at the jokes. It was very cliche and I am definitely not a fan of cliche. So that was a minus. I think it would be best if they just dropped trying to be funny and be all business like. That would be charming, and professional.

I'm not so into the two main characters. I just don't get their fashion sense and it bothers me. I was 21 in 2002 and I don't remember anyone walked around with such clothes on their back, especially that of Ban-chan. Not to mention his hair! Every time I see it I was like.. WTF, that is not natural! Also anyone else bothered by the fact that their car is way too small for their builds?

Having said that, their abilities were pretty cool I guess. It was not over the top. lol who am I kidding. They got shot in the head and live!!! LMAO

Even though I haven't met him yet, there is one figure that I kinda a fan of already and he is Fuuchouin Kazuki. You'll find out why eventually XD

The animation and the character designs are as to be expected from the anime that was produced in 2002. It nothing spectacular but isn't bad either except for the few points I have raised earlier. It's like watching GTO, kinda, but not really.

Watching GetBackers kinda like taking a step into memory lanes. Instead of using chips or CD/DVD, they are still using floppy disk to store their data. It reminds me of my college years. LOL I feel so old.

As for the sound... I'll be honest, I skipped the OP and ED. Maybe if I have more time in my hands I will try to listen to them but not for this first impression. The background music is not so hot in my opinion and why the hell every time they move they have to make the stupid sound effect of paper being rustled together, instead of the sound of clothes usually make? I know... I'm just being way too picky over here.

But overall, it was an okay start. I look forward to see the rest of the episodes (all 48 of them). My friend said that things will get pretty good when they get to the tower, whatever that means. So I have something to look forward too then ^_^

I mentioned about Papillon10's fanart in the beginning, right? I feel obliged to accompany this post with some of my favorite GetBackers fanart from him/her. Enjoy the trap!

*faps*

I should have warned you guys that they are not safe for works but meh I don't think you guys care.

art & animation 6/10
story 6/10
characters 7/10
sound 6/10
enjoyment 8/10
overall 7/10

7 comments:

one of the best shows i havent finished yet. Ive watched about half and loved every second of it. its much more badass than those pictures would indicate.

lol don't let the picture deceived you. But yeah I've seen couple or more episode and still do not think that it is anything special. But looks like things are gonna get pretty badass soon. That's more like it!

Not sure how far in you are, but GetBackers gets awesomely slashy the more it goes on, even as legitimate love interests develop for the two leads. And Kazuki's childhood protector/friend shows up about half-way through, so there's some legit BL to be found. Very, very light, but it is there, and its not just fan-goggles producing it, either.

Love interest?! Fuck yes please! even more so if it's BL =3

Thanks for bringing me the good news

LOL LMAO XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

roflcopter

trolling, weren't you?

Post a Comment

Do it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...