12 October 2009

Random food escapade I

These pictures were taken in the course of three weeks. I am sad that Konata won't be able to taste all the great foods in the future because her fragile condition won't allow me to take her out anymore. This force me to regulate my other figures for future food photos.

Aizen first meeting with the formidable mee rebus

Mee rebus is a Malay inspired dish that is popular in Malaysia and Singapore. Where else in Indonesia, it is known as Mi Celur. The dish is mad of yellow egg noodle, curry-like gravy and the garnishes which include boiled egg, calamansi lime, spring onions, chilies, fried tofu, fried shallots and bean sprouts. For more oomph you can add dark soya sauce to the noodles.

kueh thieves!

Hari Raya (EID) is not complete without the kueh (bite size food items such as cookies and crackers). Looks like Konata and Haruhi only favors the fried-type kind of kueh. Konata is holding the fried anchovies popiah while Haruhi is enjoying the prawn-tasted crackers.

Konata wanted three half-boiled eggs. The staff must have heard her wrong when she placed the order -__-

I frequent kopitiam (that's a cafe, for you western people) a lot for breakfast. My breakfast usually consist of a toast, 2 half-boiled eggs and tea. That's heavy enough meal to last me to lunch.

black pepper crabs

I personally like chilli crabs better than than the black pepper crabs but beggars can't be chooser ^o^

Konata enjoying her first ever coconut drink

Konata was throwing a tantrum when I forced her to drink my ice lemon tea (she wanted the 100 plus)

After few gulps, she totally forgot that she was standing on a 100 plus ^o^

I love tea. I'm addicted to it. I drink at least a pot of tea when I am at home. Whenever I go out for a meal, there is no other drink that I will order. It does not matter if it is ice lemon tea, earl grey tea, english tea, jasmine tea or whatever, as long as it is tea!

Ribena isn't that bad either

Konata always says grace before she eats ^_^

Here is she with a plate of Laksa Johor in front of her. Laksa Johor happens to be one of my fav national dishes. Different from its counterpart, Laksa Johor used spaghetti instead of the normal rice noodles or vermicelli. The spaghetti are usually knitted (cap/cetak) into a disk for each serving. The best part is, it is traditionally eaten using the hand instead of fork and spoon.

Soto

Soto is one of my favorite dish of all time. It can consist of either rice noodles, yellow egg noodle or rice cakes (ketupat). The soup used chicken broth and the garnishes include bean sprouts, shredded fried chicken, fried shallots, spring onions, bagedil, fried vermicelli and of course the soy sauce sambal. Soto is not complete without the sambal. I love my food hot and spicy!

The mee soup is too hot and spicy for Konata

Mee soup is the close relative of soto. The gravy tasted a bit different and it does not have bagedil or the shredded fried chicken as part of it's garnishes. It can either used rice noodles or the yellow egg noodles.

But of course, Konata favorite food is still the chocolate coronet ^__^

14 comments:

Just had mamak mee goreng for dinner and you just made hungry again...@.@

Erm, the only thing I haven't tried is the Laksa Johor...spaghetti? Seems like fusion food to me, I'll try it next time. Mee rebus n soto are some of my favorites as well. Too bad Konata won't be able to go out as much...but she probably needs to diet after all that food...

NOOOOOOOO ALLL OF THEM I LIKEEEEEEEEEEE......


EVILLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!

Me wants lontong nao!!

Now you made my Rojak addiction come back. -.-"

@Fujii_Itsuki, you never heard of Laksa Johor? Tell me what do you think of it once you do!

@zh3us, crap. now you makes me craving for lontong >_<

@blur, what kind of rojak?

havent tried any of those but they sure look delicious! especially the mee rebus

These are completely awesome.

This makes me miss Asian cuisine in Asia.
Soto and that crab look so good.
And I also miss the sitting around a table eating a meal with a bunch of people sharing style. Don't get that too much here.

Erm.. Didn't know that there was a variety of Rojak.

Basically the ones sold by the motorists street side. And Cendol, got to have Cendol too.

Rojak + Cendol + Car fumes = Perfect afternoon! Lol!

@Glo, wait till you taste them!

@Yi, eating meals with a bunch of people is the best feelings ever! beside masturbating, or make love or *continues*

@blur, there are all kinds of rojak. Rojak buah, rojak mee, rojak tofu, rojak asma, just to name a few.

Goddammit I'm getting hungry; its been so long since I've eaten good Malaysian food >_<

There's like a single malaysian restaurant near my uni, except the fuckers overcharge like crazy.

When was the last time you were in Malaysia, Snark?

cam best je laksa johor tu

SERIOUSLY, I LOVE YOUR POST. JUST AMAZING. SO BEAUTIFUL.

dude, I couldn't tell if you were being sarcastic. lol :P

Post a Comment

Do it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...