22 October 2009

Hyakko OVA


I look forward to this OVA simply because I can't get enough of Hyakko hence why I continued with the manga. I was delighted when I found out that Nippon Animation will once again bring this series back, despite that this is just a 10 minutes OVA.

As expected, there is no in depth story or character development.

The OVA in a nutshell: Touma and Torako spending their after school at a cake cafe and trying out all the type of cakes on display.


There are some funny moments, thanks to Torako antics. I also discovered that Touma has gay feelings towards the innocent Torako ^o^


Hyakko OVA is bundled with the fifth volume of the manga. It featured the same seiyuu as the TV series and I'm happy to report that the quality of the animation too remained the same. The ED theme is sweet, maybe to compliment the cakes that have been consumed?

I kind of disappointed with the outcome of this OVA but better than nothing, I guess.

Trivia: The most abused line in this OVA is Sacher Torte!

Kitsune!

Here is the OVA in glorious HD!



Art 7/10
Story 7/10
Sound 7/10
Character 8/10
Enjoyment 7/10
Overall 7/10

7 comments:

lol i love this anime i love torako

this might have been the anime that i saw and couldnt get past the first ep XD

this OVA is kinda funny tho, like the waitresses line while playing the "psp" lol

Have to watch this... only 10 minutes though.
Touma's feelings for Torako is quite evident in the manga as well.

@misao: I'm gay for Torako ^o^

@rockleelotus: I love the anime. Love the manga even more. But each to his own I guess.

@Yi: Eh really? I never noticed it before =\

@kluxorious: I see everything as yuri...

I liked Hyakko. I actually started watching this OVA, but then I stopped and watched the Shakugan no Shana S episode instead.

Post is upcoming.

Oh yeah, I have yet to watch Shakugan no Shana S. Thanks for reminding me O Glo the future president!

Post a Comment

Do it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...