18 August 2009

FLAGS or was it fag? LOL


I have picked up a new manga, FLAGS (I know I shouldn't considering the amount of on-hold mang0 in my list by I can't resist the temptation to check it out) written and drawn by the mangaka Ueda Satoshi. FLAGS was published on May 2, 2009 and released on onemanga on August 14, 2009.

It was categorized as shounen, action, adventure and martial arts. Let see if I can add comedy to that list.

It was about a competition named Ouka, where the strongest participate. The one who wins will be granted fame and honor of the highest degree. FLAGS follow the story of Kurou who walks the same path as his father to become the victor of Ouka. Before his death, Tsubame had passed the bansantou (a steel bar with eight holes that can be activated) to his son, Kurou. The journey will see Kurou trying to activate those holes (LOL sounds so erotic) to succeed his father.

What got me excited and want to read this manga right away is the appearance of Patriots of Toutou (Seiryumaru, Usagi, Kikuro, Nagasu and Nishiki) *fangasm*. Then I was introduced to Fing. He kinda sealed the deal for me.

The Patriots opponents are interesting as well and have their own way to either charm you or makes you hate them.

FLAGS kinda reminds me of a bit of Dragon Ball or Naruto in earlier days when the competition was being held. I can't say that the overall feel/theme of this manga is original because I feel like I've read something similar countless time before (shounen tends to be rather the same after all) but that does not mean that I didn't enjoy it.

Watch this space as I will continue to update this as the story progresses.

Story 7/10
Art 7/10
Characters 8/10
Enjoyment 7/10
Overall 7/10

2 comments:

God Damnit, HOW DID THIS COME OUT WITHOUT MY NOTICE. I feel that I have to change my name now.......

If only they remember to update this.

And Fag, were you anticipating this manga?

Post a Comment

Do it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...