22 March 2006

My trip to 2006 PMGP















Sorry it took me this long to post anything up after the race. Fatigue was the main reason of the delay.

Anyway, the trip to Sepang this year was pretty eventful, sadly not on the track though. It was dullest race I've been to so far with nothing much going on the track. I'm sure many would agree.

Okay allow me to start from the beginning.

I went to Sepang on Thursday since I've got some work need to be done. Half way through the highway, my left rear tyre deflated. I was alone so I pulled over, jacked the car up and waited for help. I was lucky the plus patrol were on their round. They were the heroes that came to my rescue. Two and a half hour later, I'm at Sepang watching the team prepared for the race weekend.

I went to the circuit very early on Friday, caught up with few of the team members heading to paddock. The preparations for Friday practice were well underway. I stayed at the grandstand for the practice session. I forgot to bring my earplug and found out I dont need it anyway. V8 sounds like crap! It lacks the umphh factor. I was quite disappointed when both Nick and Jacques didn't clocked any time for the first practice although Kubica was again very impressive. The temperature rised to 40 'C as I waited patiently for the second practice session to start. I was thankful though to see Jacques managed to be in the top ten for the second practice and all three BMW drivers were within less than a second off each other. Not bad.

I bought my BMW merchandises on Saturday. Got a friend that can get me discount on those items. Bought a whole lot of them! Because I am a lazy bum, I just sit around the grandstand for the whole day. I sat in front of Ferrari garage and it was fascinating to see them prepared for each run. Not to mentioned to see the drivers around the garage, waving occasionally to the crowd. The first and second segment of qualifying sessions were pretty hectic and I enjoyed it very much but found the third session was a bore. Drivers go round and round the track burning up fuel and that pretty much it.

As for Sunday, I was hoping for rain and it did came but only last for less than a minute. Crap...

The fact that Kimi DNF so early makes the race less entertaining. Renault winning is a good thing but I rather see them fight for it. The occassional engine blow out was the only source of entertainment during the whole race. Too bad that one of the engine that goes kaboom belongs to Nick. I was so pissed off then and almost decide to went straight home but since Massa was doing pretty awesome and Jacques still running, I just have to stay put. I waited till the end of the race and good that I did because Michael made an appearance after the race to entertained his fans. That's what I like about Michael. He's the only driver that shows he care about his fans. Renault had quite a party after the race but neither Fisi or Alonso bothered to waved to the crowd no matter how many times the fans called out to them.

I went home on Monday with a major sunburn and camera loaded with pics.

Now here comes the part where I pissed myself off.

I loaded all the pics to a folder in my laptop. After that I immediately deleted all the files in the camera, like I always did when I'd uploaded them. After that I re-opened the folder and guess what? Apparently there were some problem during the upload. The files didn't uploaded completely. As a result, I lost all the pics!! The only pics around are from my sister's.

Its a disaster!

:cry:

1 comments:

Aw, bummer, Klux. I'm so sorry to hear about the lost pics. I'm glad you got to go to the race but it doesn't sound like you had as much fun as the past few years. It wasn't very exciting on tv either. Here's to hoping the season gets better.

Post a Comment

Do it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...