05 July 2013

First Impression: Free!

Ever since the teaser that Kyoto Animation released some time ago and then the announcement of the anime, everyone, and I do mean EVERYONE, including the straight guys, are anticipating the airing of this show. But no one are as excited about the news as the fujoshis and who can blame them?

Kyoto Animation has always been known for producing moe anime that is full of high school girls. This time around, though it is still moe, it is full of bishie high school guys wearing spandex. What's not to love?


This show, though one might mistaken as just something for fujoshi to fap to, actually has a plot. It revolves around 4 guys (will be 5 soon) who love swimming. Two of the guys obviously have a thing for each other and voila! However, to make it interesting, they create Rin to be this somewhat "bad guy" while Haru is just an emo bitch so that there will be dorama ahead. KyoAni is pretty straightforward with the OTP for this show.

Naturally the animation and arts are almost flawless. The flipping of wet hair, the butt, crotch and butt shots (yes I know I wrote butt twice) are all glorious. I expect nothing less from Kyoto Animation. It is surely a sight for sore eyes.

The moe-ness gets even more grand during the ED of SPLASH FREE. At first I was WTF-ing but soon enough I was fapping.

I didn't enjoy or get excited about this show as I thought it would be. It was probably because I was watching it in the middle of work. I shall try and watch it again. Especially the ED. Gonna put it on repeat heh.

Episode: 12
Aired: Summer 2013
Producers: Kyoto Animation

arts & animation 10/10
story 7/10
characters 8/10
sound 8/10
enjoyment 8/10
overall 8.2/10

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Do it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...