18 July 2012

First Impression: Kokoro Connect

When I did the preview for Summer, I was under the impression that Kokoro Connect will be about gender bender and honestly that what caught my interest about this show. I hope my expectation will be fulfilled and it is not just another generic slice of life anime that reminds me of K-ON.

Kokoro Connect is about five students who formed a Student Cultural Club because they don't belong or refused to be part of any of the existing club at their school. This show ain't about them having tea and have useless activities after school though (though that's pretty much what they are doing) but it's about them switching bodies with each others. 


Kokoro started out pretty normal except that it managed to intrigue me with the line of characters that they have prepared. Obviously these characters aren't your average one dimensional characters and that is probably one of the reason why I ended up so engrossed with the episode. It makes me want to see the characters layer by layer, to know what secrets do they have and to learn their inner thoughts. In that sense, I think that the production studios have successfully made this show somewhat mysterious.

I really like Inaba for the simple fact that she's tough which makes her a perfect pair for Taichi. Damn it there I go creating my OTP already.

The art and animation, as I have mentioned before in my preview, look a lot like K-ON but I am not going to complain about it. It wasn't a distraction or a minus point for me, in fact, I rather like it. Familiarity ain't always bad after all.

The first few minutes of watching Kokoro Connect kind of made me a bit melancholy. This kind of anime about friendship always hits me where it hurts. It made me misses my friends. It also makes me grateful that I accepted my old job back. Spending times with them boys have helped me through some tough shits.

This show is definitely going to be in my must watch list.

Episodes: tbc
Aired: Summer 2012
Genres: Comedy, Slice of Life

art & animation 9/10
story 9/10
characters 8/10
sound 8/10
enjoyment 9/10
overall 8.6/10


2 comments:

I have mix feeling towards Lokoro Connect because i just cant help the fact that it is kinda boring. Cute animation but if switching bodies and creating problems for family and friends around the characters who’ve switched bodies is all this is about, then I’ll drop this at some point.

after three episodes, this show managed to keep me interested. In fact I just can't wait for episode 4 now.

Post a Comment

Do it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...