21 June 2012

First Impression: Accel World


I have seen some of the fanarts for this show, and what others have to say about it on Twitter but still, it doesn’t prepare me at all for what the show really is. I was totally lost the first five minutes checking it out.

We have this fat and short male protagonist, Haru, who is naturally weak and get bullied by everyone, and often escaped from reality by joining the virtual world, of which he transformed into a pig. Orz. One day he got a break when the most popular girl offered an application (Brain Burts) which totally shattered his concept of reality. It brings him to Accelerated World, or Accel World in short.

(c) Ekakibito
He is the kind of protagonist that pissed me off. He knows he is weak and cowardly so why the fuck doesn’t he want to change that and actually pushed people who wanted to help him away? I would have smacked people like him in real life so hard just for the fun of it. I mean, they love it, don’t they? That’s why they don’t want to change.

Oh, did I mention that the technology is so advanced they don’t need computer or keyboard or modem. All they need is what seemed to be an electronic neck collar that allows you to connect and use the computer using your eyesight vision. Pretty nifty, right?

Black Swallowtailed Butterfly warned Haru not to on the Global Linker at all after school but he forgot. What happened? He got an upgrade (he’s no longer a pig, but a kin of Green Power Ranger) and an opponent to boot.

I am more interesting to see what happened with his friends that he doubted though and probably the only reason why I would continue watching it.

The story is somewhat unique and the art and animation weren’t bad at all. I can’t say that I enjoyed it though. It is more like the story itself force me to sit through the entire episode because it got me curious. I personally think that’s a good thing. At least it piqued my interest.

Number of episodes:
Season: Spring 2012

Art & animation 7/10
Story 8/10
Characters 7/10
Sound 7/10
Enjoyment 6/10
Overall 7/10

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Do it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...