25 December 2011

Koujitsusei no Tobira

It's Christmas and I have nothing better to do. My plan for today was canceled and I'm too lazy to find the route to attend a BBQ invitation. So here I am sitting in front of my computer, not sure whether I should start the merry day with yaoi or anime. After a quick deliberation, yaoi wins. YAOI ALWAYS WINS.

So I started the day by picking up some random yaoi at Animephile. Koujitsusei no Tobira or Heliotropic Door in English (whatever the fuck that means) is a shouta-con yaoi (but not really) and also has the potential to be a threesome. Sounds interesting enough for me, especially with the art. I like the art very much in this one. I know I made the right decision. This is going to be fun!


Kai is the adopted son of Cys' brother. When he died, he sent Kai to Cys who gets attracted to the boy who is (supposedly) 14 years younger than him. Then there's Jin who always come in and out as he please to Cys' house, who is also a voyeur.

The story is quite different from your typical yaoi which is why I bothered myself by writing a review about it. This is not your usual light fluffy love story between men that has it's usual conflict and problems. It has that element of mystery from start to finish. The story is complicated since we keep second guessing what Kai is up to, if he is who he says he is, and then there is Jin as well who I still need to figure out his character even after the manga has come to an end. The fact of the matter is, everyone has a double life in this manga.

I mentioned earlier how much I like the art. Well, that was an understatement. This story is set in France and Shoowa, the mangaka just did a well done job outlining and sketching the city. S/he managed to capture the essence of it. The details are stunning as well from the characters (though I wish the s/he gives more attention to the penis) to the interesting interior.

If you think this is good, wait till you reach the sex part lol

Though the sex part weren't the focus of the story, the mangaka was very good and knew what s/he is doing. From the erotic kisses to the hot sex, she got all the angles right. The art is handled very gracefully, there aren't much effects in the panels if you notice, but that emphasizes emotions even stronger.

I think Shoowa did a great job with the pacing and keep me on the edge of my seat at all times. You'll be surprise at how good and solid this one is.

Story 9/10
Art 10/10
Characters 9/10
Enjoyment 8/10
Overall 9/10

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Do it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...