14 November 2011

Hiyokoi

Since I already have this show in my hard disk, I might as well watch it even though shoujo is something that I usually avoid. I was sighing for the first couple of minutes because the female protagonist was already getting on my nerves.

*takes a deep breath*

Lets just get this done and over with, shall we?

wait... who is that other guy? O_o

There is nothing unusual about the story. In fact, it is a bit too cliche for my taste. Hiyori Nishiyama went back to school after a year in the hospital. She's timid and very shy, qualities that I despise in anime character especially if they are girls. Guys will find this kind of girls cute and that just annoys the fuck out of me even more. She is also short and unlike Rukia, she is just bad at handling the pressure. By the way, she got into the hospital because she got hit by a truck and broke all the bones in her body. Damn she should just die.

In the middle of introducing herself, she was interrupted by Yuushin Hirose, the male protagonist who unlike Hiyori, is the kind of character that I have a soft spot for. He got blue hair (although not as vibrant as Grimmjow's and that scarf around his neck reminds me of Kaito) and a personality of an asshole (which I just love lol ^__^). In short, he is the complete opposite of Hiyori.

The story makes their difference in height as one of the main focuses to start that inevitable romance. It is something that I have seen (and even loved) in Lovely Complex. They even tried making it just as funny but the jokes just fall flat in my opinion. The opposite attraction thingy also does not work at all. They said when two people are completely different, they compliment each other. I beg to differ. It just emphasized what the other is lacking. I've been there, so trust me on this one. The effort you put in just going to make you tired of it. Or maybe it just me *shrugs*

Either way, half way through the episode, I have taken three breaks. 11 minutes seems like hours of torture.

The conclusion of this show is obvious. Everyone, even in real life, would have fall for Yuushin because he is fucking awesome so naturally even Hiyori fell for his charm after only one day. She just have to up her moe to ensure that Yuushin will be trapped for the rest of his life as well. She even showed everyone her pantsu. When she did it, everyone was like "She's so cute!" when in fact she was using dirty tactic. Then of course she had to use that crying card of her to gain sympathy. What a sly slut. (Obviously this is my version of the story).

dreamy =3

The only good thing about this show is Kenichi Suzumura who I am biased for since he did Lavi and Mikiya. I'm sorry Ayana but your character is hateful and part of it I believe is your fault because you are the one who brought her to life. As for the arts & animation, average is the word that came to mind. It wasn't bad, though it wasn't good either. If I didn't do my homework, I won't have any idea that this one is produced by Production I.G.

So like I said, shoujo is not my thing and my review reflects my feelings exactly. I don't want to be biased but I just can't help it I guess. My fault is going in with cynicism but that's how I usually feel when it comes to love.

Love, in my opinion, shouldn't be taken lightly.

Anyhoo, if there's a TV series for this show, I will avoid it completely.

arts & animation 5/10
story 4/10
characters 5/10
sound 5/10
enjoyment 3/10
overall 4.4/10

2 comments:

I agree... the biggest problem of all shoujo is stupid main female character.

it's too typical and in real life sweet girls like her are usually the bitch.

Post a Comment

Do it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...