15 August 2010

Manga Kannagi to be resumed

(c) makino

After I read this joyful news, I was practically joining Nagi with her swimsuit, dancing on my toes to Haruka Tomatsu song, Motto Hade ni ne!

The last chapter of Kannagi was in January 2009. The manga has been suspended because of Takenashi Eri's health issue. Now that she is back, we finally get to know whether or not Nagi is no longer a virgin.

LOL I still remember how the fans rage when Eri revealed that Nagi has a boyfriend. It was hilarious. Although I am not too happy that there is a third person in Nagi/Jin "relationship" (let's ignore Zange for a sec), this does pose for a good plot twist.

I'm not gonna forgive Zange for playing dirty though. If she didn't eavesdropping, Jin would have confessed to Nagi and that would made my day.


Unfortunately after the revelation in chapter 36, Eri fell ill and has been on hiatus ever since. Now that she's better, she will resume the serialization of the manga and the fans will finally get the conclusion for the whole story. For more than a year, we keep thinking whether or not Nagi will make a come back to the point that some of us felt cheated.

The date for the restart will be made known to public in the Comic Rex November issue which is set to be released on October 9 *is totally stoke!*

Hopefully with this great news, A1-Pictures will consider making a sequel for Kannagi. Unlike Amatsuki which studio DEEN has pretty much phailed the manga, A1-Pictures did a great job with the animation for Kannagi. I definitely voting for season two!

pantsu!!
(c) r0g0b0

Trivia: Kannagi is in my top four favorite manga list. Can you guess the other three?

7 comments:

I'm also excited about the news ^__^ I loved Kannagi so much when I first watched the anime that I read the manga raw before it even got translated XD It's been quite a while, so I'm glad Eri is feeling well enough to resume it! I really hope A-1 Pictures will make a new anime soon, too. They have enough material already to make another 13-episode series but they're probably waiting for the manga to resume first.

omg possibility for a season two :D i havent picked up the manga yet but really enjoyed the anime. wish Eri continued good health.

Awesome news! I love Kannagi. Only watched the anime, but these are great news!

I still don't know what this story is about. I've never seen it, nor have I read it...should I?

For starters, Eri is helping her brother with the spin off titled Kanpachi. I'm still looking out for it. Because of the licensing issue, all the manga sites have taken the chapters down. What a dick.

It has been over a year, rockleelotus. I really do hope Eri has fully recovered by now. No more hiatus please! Why are the mangaka often fallen ill for such a long time, anyway?

*nods at Guy* hence the dancing XD

and Glo, you might as well get on the fan boat. It really is awesome. It definitely joined Hyakko and Kyou Go no No ni as one of the most entertaining series for Fall 2008.

I don't remember how I discovered the anime but I loved it and I was sad when it ended. I started searching the web to see if there was a second season but to my displeasure there was not. I was feeling kinda down until I discovered the the manga and read up to chapter 36. Once again I was feeling kind of let down because the next chapter was no where to be found. Had I known the author stopped because she fell ill I would have felt completely different. I wish her a speedy recovery and continued good health.

I know exactly how you feel, my friend

Post a Comment

Do it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...