06 July 2010

First Impression: Highschool of the Dead

(c) inazuma

High School of the Dead. This is the most anticipated show this season for one reason and one reason only: BLOOD. If you read the manga you know that they will be a lot of blood, head crushing, bone breaking action and that's why this show has the potential to rock my socks off.

It does not disappoint. In the first minute of the show, there are blood everywhere and this continue to the end of the episode. How freaking awesome is that?!

I feel like I don't have to convince everyone else to see this because hell, I'm sure you all are if you called yourself a tard. If you're not than you are not missing much, right? FUCKING WRONG. Watch this you moron!

The story might not be original, we have seen it in Blood+ and others but the way Madhouse and Sentai Filmworks execute this made it oh so amazing. The characters might be the only qualm for me. I don't like Rei ever, not in the manga and definitely not in the anime. Many would probably sympathize with the bitch but I am not. She's a selfish whore since the beginning and will continue to use Takashi. Takashi on the other hand is yummy. I don't mind being a shota-con for him. Heh. I like the other girls from the manga but since we haven't meet them in the anime, I'll reserved my opinion for the review later.

The seiyuus are great especially that of Takashi. Well duh, his seiyuu is Suwabe Junichi, the same person who does Grimmjow, quite possibly the hottest character in Bleach. Even Rei sounds very convincing. These seiyuus are going to make these characters real to us, and make it possible for us to relate to them. The OP and ED are catchy. I'm gonna hum to these songs in another 2 or 3 episodes and the sound effect is great. We can hear the head crack and smell the blood stench from the blood splatter.

As for the arts and animation, there is the sense of ecchi-ness but it was to be expected. I have no problem with that because they story and animation are so engaging. I mean, I write this whole shit after I have seen the episode, not during (like I used to). And obviously the animation gets high mark from me because of all the blood and all that killing sequences. Heh, I will never stop with the blood and the carnage, will I?

So yeah, unlike Dance in the Vampire Bund that turned out to be a loli-con fest, this is definitely meet my expectation for the series. Another show that I will be following closely this season. That is a total 3 show so far :)

art and animation 10/10
story 8/10
characters 8/10
sound 9/10
enjoyment 10/10
overall 9/10

4 comments:

This anime is truly badass T.T I started reading the manga since last summer but was heartbroken when they kept going on hiatus. I don't know if you noticed but towards the end of the episode they played the 28 Days Later theme song and I have to hand it to 28 Days Later for making one of the most iconic zombie theme ever it's almost as striking as the Jaws them.

I haven't watch 28 Days so I dunno what you are talking about ^^"

I haven't even seen 28 days later either.

All i know is that this show kicks ass. A whole lot of it.

Either you love this show or hate it.
Me, I LOVE IT.
I've read the manga too, and loved it. It's soo much fun. No, not like Zombieland or anything. But still. <.<

Wait, there are actually some retards who don't like this show? O_o? What are they? K-ON! fans? *facepalm*

Post a Comment

Do it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...