18 October 2009

Take a dip


This was taken during my last week's Friday (October 9) escapade to Kota Tinggi waterfalls. The day was hot and sticky so my family and I decided to go to the waterfalls to refresh ourselves. The waterfalls is less than an hour away from my house so yeah, awesome XD

These shots were random with no stories in mind. My mind was fully occupied by the thoughts of soaking in the ice-cold water that seems to beckon me ever since I arrived at the entrance. Did I mention that it was a sunny hot and sticky day? Perfect for taking a dip in the refreshing cold water.

Drossel has found us a safe location to put our belongings

Although there are benches provided by the management, it is still too far away from the water. So to ensure that our belongings are safe when we are in the water, we have to put them on the rocks where we can always see them. I sometimes wish we are more like the Japanese so that we don't have to worry about our stuffs while we are having fun in the water. Japanese are a bunch of honest people.

OMG just look at how tempting that water is ^o^

It was raining the day before I went there so the water level rose, very much to my delight.


I am thankful to the fact that the place is still covered with greenery. However look can be deceiving. At the entrance of the waterfalls, there is a mine that are operating ever since I can remember. Most of the trees and the hills at the entrance are now gone forever, replaced by a barren scenery. What they are doing is slowly nurturing the global warming. I hate them. I hate the damage that they have inflicted on nature.

Drossel asked if she could have a dive in the pool too. I said no.

Oujo-sama doesn't take no for an answer (yes that's my foot -__-)

She was pretty pissed and was ready to go hyper on me

Since I'm not in the mood for a hyper Drossel, I let her have it her way -__-

As you can see, she was pretty happy, waving to anyone who bothers looking

chillaxing

Because it was a weekday, there are not as many people as they would have been on weekends. Apart from my family, there are only a bunch of people around: few teenage boys (as seen in the above pictures), a couple from Singapore, another couple who kept asking me to take pictures of them, and a group of Indian guys. We kinda have a silent agreement and take each part of the pools to ourselves. It was fun.

Then she wanted to try out the big one. I told her it will be her suicide. After some deep thoughtful thinking, she walked away ^^" (can you see the couple smooching in between her legs? >D)

She complained that water got into her ears. I told her to shake it off. It worked, miraculously XD

This is the last photo I took of Drossel at the waterfall before an accident happened which I rather not talk about. Cookies for those who can guess though!

Alright here are few of the scenery photos that I took before I jumped into the water.


The waterfall is located 15km north-west of the Kota Tinggi Town. It is 36 meters high and located at the base of Muntahak Mountain.

The waterfall is not the same as it was back in the 90's though. The natural beauty of some part of the locations has been spoiled by artificial landscapings. The management made it into a water theme park which is just pure moronic in my opinion. The middle part of the ground pools are totally ruined. It is no longer suitable for chillaxing. When the water level falls, there aren't enough water to make the water slide working. So what was the purpose of having a water slide, ne? Like I said, moronic desu!

And don't forget the absurd entrance fee! MYR7.50 for Malaysian adults, kids is around MYR4.50 (i think. Not sure) and they charged MYR3 for vehicle. You can't bring your own food but the food sold at the "water theme park" tasted like shit. It was like they were giving you an ultimatum: Either you starve or eat shit.

*sigh*

I end this rant with the promised random shots.

There are lot of butterflies. These are one of the common ones around.

Stairs leading up to the higher parts of the waterfalls

These steps are very slippery when it wet though so be careful!

For more pictures, go to my flickr.

13 comments:

Damn it was a hot sticky day today as well...taking a dip into the waterfall would have been nice~ I haven't been to Kota Tinggi before. But it's always sad to see a mother earth's gift being tarnished by unscrupulous people. *sigh*

Well, at least Drossel seem to have fun~ Hope she's alright after the fall..(I'm guessing since 90% of figure accidents probably involves a fall? hehe)

P/S: Smooching? I think that's just water sumo...PDAs does not exist in this country. =3

No. Not a fall. ^_^
We are planning on rebelling against the management though. They need to know that we don't like the water shit park at all.

the water falls look awesome! and just looking at those stairs is making me exhausted.

is Drossel rust proof? XD

Yes she is rust proof ^_^

Great photo shoot.
Hehe, some pictures make Drossel look human sized.

Now that you mentioned it Yi, I just realized that I strive to make my figma look like they are human sized. This can be seen in few others of my photo of Konata and Haruhi at the beach.

"Drossel asked if she could have a dive in the pool too. I said no."

Good. You give but an inch, and those damn figmas start acting like they own the damn place.

Wow! Superb photos.

Lol@feet...

Wish we had waterfalls over here too!

Drossel's Emotionless face keeps makeing me ask for more!!

how did the waterfall smell like?

Man i just wish we had a waterfall too ;_;

@Snark, You'll be a good father ^o^

@blur, unintended shot FTW :P

@zh3us, the waterfalls smell refreshing and the mist from the waterfalls is awesome. Give me a holler if you ever planning on going to JB. Would love to bring you guys here.

hmm.. it seem to be quite a nice place ^^.. i haven't go to a water fall for ages~~ think will plan a trip ^^

i prefer to your snapshot method.
your hype Drossel especially.




-boyd fadzlee-

I feel you. Nature comes free and they charge for Money?? I hate them too!

Post a Comment

Do it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...