09 June 2008

Sauber first win!

It was a historical day for Sauber fans around the world. Not only the team wins their first race today, it was a 1-2 too!


I have been a fan of Sauber for 14 years so yeah, I have all these emotion welling up insides me atm. I have tears in my eyes, stupid smile plastered on my face.

Immediately after Kubica crossed the chequered flag, my phone was rained with calls and text messages from people who knew of my affection towards this Swiss-based team. All are genuinely happy.

It was so worth it losing sleep watching the race at 1am and continue with work till morning.

I refused to be British and say the win is due to Lewis stupid mistake (what a n00b) because it was not. Kubica drove superbly all weekend and drove out of his skin during the second stint to make sure he gets in front of Heidfeld, at the same time securing the maiden victory for BMW Sauber F1 Team, for Poland and for his F1 career.

I was hoping for Heidfeld to score Sauber's first win but it just so happened that Kubica driving style suited the car better than him so I'm not going to take anything away from Kubica. The Pole has done a damn good job all season so far. I will pat him on the back when I see him.

I am a proud Sauber fan.

Thank you Peter.

I am so gonna wear my Sauber and BMW Sauber attire for the whole week! *craze*

Note: Mario deserved a mention too. He has done a lot for Sauber and has done magnificently for the team to reach this far after only three years taking the team over from Peter.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Do it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...