21 November 2012

First Impression: Little Busters!

From the preview, Little Bastards, I mean Little Busters!, has nothing to offer me. It looks like another typical harem show which most of the time, I am not too fond of. The only reason why I'm curious about this show is the fact that it is produced by J.C. Staff. I have faith in them so lets hope the show won't be too shitty.

(c) Shino

Well... after I have watched the first episode, I did not understand shit and I am not sure whether that is a good thing or not.

The plot is pretty random. Everyone seems to put Kyousuke, the "hero" so-to-say, on a pedestal. He with four others of his friends sort of live in their own world, where most of what they do were on Kyousuke's whim. They are not of the same age though. Kyousuke is the oldest and Rin, his sister is the youngest. Kyousuke is in his third year and will be leaving them soon so in order to do things together like they used to, Kyousuke suggested that they play baseball. Like I said, it's pretty random.

I am not gonna write anything bad about the arts and animation since after all, this is produced by J.C. Staff. They won't do a bad job at it. The character designs however is something that I am  familiar with. Kyousuke especially reminds me Otonashi from Angel Beats! Or is it just me? =\ 

The show surprises me in a way that I actually like Rin. I usually dislike arch-type character like her. If I have any complains, its the male seiyuus. I don't think any of the male seiyuus fit the characters that they voiced for. Kyousuke for example, sounds too... snobbish. I thought that it's kinda odd.

Little Busters isn't shitty but it isn't good either. Another average show in the history of anime. Not sure if I will watch this. Most probably I will end up downloading the episodes but won't watch it anytime soon, or be forever in my waiting list. Perhaps it would be more appealing if I read the visual novel...

Episodes: 26
Aired: Fall 2012
Producers: J.C. Staff, Warner

arts & animation 6/10
story 5/10
characters 6/10
sound 5/10
enjoyment 5/10
overall 5.4/10



1 comments:

Regardless of studio, this show looked stupid as hell. Glad I'm never going to watch it.

Post a Comment

Do it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...