08 August 2012

First Impression: Natsuyuki Rendezvous

For some reason I totally forgot about noitaminA shows this season. I can't say that it doesn't has an impact since I did notice people talking about this show a lot on twitter. If I didn't check my preview before I write this first impression post, I would have not noticed that this was featured in the supposedly prestigious list of anime that are featured in noutaminA slot.



Natsuyuki Rendezvous is about this guy Hazuki Natsuyuki who has a crush on a lady who is the owner of a flower shop. That crush turns to love and when opportunity presented itself, he applied to work part time there. He then met the deceased husband Atsushi Shimao, who basically is a ghost, and totally has no respect for the dead even though he's trying to score with Rokka. This show is going to be about acceptance of fate, challenging oneself for the sake of love, and learning to let go when it's time to do so.

Just for the record, I am a fan of Atsushi Shimao. I see a lot of myself in him. At the same time, I am Hazuki who is crushing on his co-worker.

I have no complain about the art, animation, overall sound and other details. I freaking love the OP and ED. It managed to move me the first time I heard it and that's great. Quality anime is full of quality after all.

Watching Natsuyuki Rendezvous is like watching my life gets animated. It wasn't funny or fun at all.  I mean, Rokka and Natsuyuki even work together. That is just too much of a coincidence.

Given my condition at the moment, I have my own reason for delaying with the first impression. I am struggling with my own emotions and feelings towards my crush too so watching this just reminds me a lot about my repressed feelings towards him that it sort of hurts... and as I have feared, I was left with the feelings of bitterness at the end of the episode.

Which mean that this show truly deserved the noitaminA slot, if it can moves me like that. Having said that, I still hate having this feeling though. Just goes to show how fucking vulnerable I really am actually.

If only people bother to see through my facade.

Episodes: 11
Aired: Summer 2012
Genres: Drama, Romance, Supernatural, Josei

arts & animation 9/10
story 8/10
characters 8/10
sound 9/10
enjoyment 9/10
overall 8.6/10


2 comments:

I hope you find resolution to your feelings soon.
Speaking of Natsuyuki Rendezvous, I like it a lot so far even though josei anime isn't exactly my cup of tea :)

Thanks Canne. My feelings are somewhat... resolved but yeah still a long way to go.

I heard nothing but praise for this show. I guess I'll watch it if I have my own happy ending :)

Post a Comment

Do it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...