26 July 2010

First Impression: Nurarihyon no Mago

Once upon a time, I used to read the manga. Not anymore because time won't permits me. I have to drop it because life gets too busy for me. Even though the manga was not really what I called great, it was still entertaining to read. So I hope the anime won't be such a bucket of phailed.

(c) ezoezo

Watching the first few minutes of this show really got me excited. The mood is just right and when Nurarihyon clashes sword, I think I cum a little. I dunno whether it was because of Nurarihyon looks so mightily hot or if it is because of the swords. I would like to think both. I'm just that greedy after all.

However the mood just changed drastically when they show the house hold during the day. Rikuo still like I remembered him, and I still don't like him that much. I feel like complaining but I must accept that Nurarihyon and Rikuo share the same body. Kinda. So it feels like I am forced to accept Rikuo because of Nurarihyon. Lucky shouta.

I almost forgot that the demon in Rikuo's household are interesting characters. They are quite good looking too. I guess it was to be expected since they are the "good" one. The bad one on the other hand is a little bit over the top.

Nurarihyon no Mago is about Rikuo who is 1/4 youkai (demon) and 3/4 human. He will inherit the demon household and becomes the third commander of the demon. However he doesn't want to do it and prefer to live as a human being even though he's surrounded by demons. Just like human, demons are greedy too. One of the demon, Gyuuki, wanted that spot for himself so we just have to wait whether Rikuo will change his mind or not.

I feel like I have to differentiate between Nurarihyon and Rikuo. I feel like the animation during Nurarihyon was top notch but when they switched to Rikuo, it feels like some cheap budget animation. The same goes for character designs. What the fuck is up with that? Or I'm just being as bias as always? *shrugs*


I have always like the Yuki Onna and is a fan for Nurarihyon/Yuki pairing. I want to say that I like Kana because Aya Hirano is her seiyuu but I can't relate to her at all. I'm sure you are familiar with Rikuo/Nurarihyon seiyuu if you watch Code Geass, Bleach and Amatsuki to name a few anime that he has a role in. He is none other than Jun Fukuyama. He's getting more and more role nowadays. Good for him.

I wasn't really a fan of it's OP until the second time I heard it. Now, I'm addicted to it. Heh. Can't say the same about the ED though.

Overall, it was an okay episode. I will continue to watch this show for the sake of Nurahriyon and knows that the plot will get better soon.

art and animation 7/10
character 7/10
story 7/10
sound 6/10
enjoyment 8/10
overall 7/10

3 comments:

That first image is amazing, but I guess when it comes to actually animating the series, the art is inconsistent.

*nods* which is sucks because it has potential.

I hope that like the manga, the anime just has a slow start.

Yuki Onna rocks, I love her cute scarf and those bewitching eyes

Post a Comment

Do it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...