12 February 2009

Ares


This is the first manhwa I read and I effing love it. One look at Michael (or Mikael), Baroona (or Baruna) and Ares, and the way that the manga is drawn, I immediately fell victim to addiction.

At first it was quite confusing since I was used to read from right to left. It was not until the fourth pages that I realized that you are supposed to read it as usual, not like a manga from Japan.

Anyway, it is about three young kids turns warriors in a war of carnage (fucking carnage FTW!!). They might look innocent but each has strange and dark past that constituted the savageness of their nature. Along the way, the manhwa also introduced other excellent, if not as good, characters: Nikolai, Cygnus, Esteban, Genesis, any many others. They all added depth to the story and before you knew it, you are attached to each of these characters. I was in tears whenever one of them got killed.


The biggest surprise for me however was when I found out that Michael is actually the young king of Isiris and he became the mercenaries at Chronos just to learn the weakness of the country so he knows what to do when he wants to conquer Chronos. His first mission as a king was to kill all the mercenaries. Yes, they were his fellow friends. Might I add that he killed without mercy. Ares who found out the truth is full of vengeance towards Michael. Baruna obviously is on Ares' side.

It pains me to know that Michael would probably be dead when this manga is over, killed by Ares. I certainly hope it wasn't so. I like him the most.


I really enjoy this manhwa and would recommend it to anyone who enjoys Claymore/Berserk. I have no qualm to give it full mark because I love it that much.

Art 10/10
Characters 10/10
Story 10/10
Enjoyment 10/10
Overall 10/10

11 comments:

lol'ed@Manhwa

Just noticed how it sounds similar to Manga.

that's korea for refusing to be Japanophile but still phailed terribly at it. LOL

gunna put this on the list, will be my first manhwa also lol.

just got into Claymore recently too. finished the anime as well as caught up to the latest chapter in the manga, awesome stuff.

Not much of a fan of Claymore the anime. I really hate the way they butchered the ending >_>

The art is pretty nice. I kind of like the style too.

Anyway, what is that last guy talking about???

I actually picked up my first Manhwa called Shaman Warrior. I can say that it is fast paced at time and some great fight scenes.

I will have to give Ares a look see as well.

@Yi, I used that as my profile pic on fb some while back. I photoshop the words but yeah, Michael will totally cut off dicks without mercy :3

@Bluedrakon, the pace is indeed much faster compared to manga. I guess that's the different between manga and manhwa?

i loved ares. the characters all were great and i enjoyed the art. it was sad when michael died tho. i just wish the next chapters would come out

LOL thanks for the spoiler dude. Now I have no reason to read Ares XD

i rlly like the name's in that manwha, ll names sound cool and ancient :)

Yep. It makes me want to name my kid Ares and Baroona. I would like to name him Michael but his name is too common.

Post a Comment

Do it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...