21 October 2010

Satria series get animated by Gonzo

source: ANN

Yeah... I don't really know how to react to the news. Gonzo is not exactly my favorite anime studio and if they are going to turn Hang Tuah story into an anime series, I think I am going to be more critical of them than before. It wasn't so much about worrying that the Malay legendary hero(es) might get butchered, it's more of whether or not I will be able to enjoy it after knowing how the legend goes from start to finish. Although knowing Malaysia, a slight fucked up onthe story might caused an uproar >>

I also found this piece of news as rather ironic. After all there are rumors going around about banning anime (Kelantan already did) and yet they are collaborating with an anime studio to produce a show. I hope they know how incredibly stupid they look now.

Anyway, the show which set to be released in Fall 2012 will be called Satria - The Warriors of the 7 Elements. Why do I get the Nickoledeon Avatar vibe when I read that title? Oh it must be the elements thingy.

Sounds bogus.

The show will be directed by quite a director, Hiroyuki Kitakubo, the same director that directed the famous Blood: The Last Vampire. I enjoyed that particular movie so this kinda sooth my worries a bit. Only by a fraction though because when I saw his sketch of the character, I had to facepalm. Why the fuck does he looks like an elves? Oh shit? The elements thingy again? O_o

Damn, now I miss my Zuko T_T

Anyway, they will also changed the name of the legendary hero from Hang Tuah to Han Towa. The first time I read it, I pissed in my pantsu from laughing too hard. The fucking irony. Han Towa's most famous saying is "Takkan hilang melayu di dunia" (translation: Malay will forever be around) and yet he has been changed and sculpted into a Japanese character with a comedic name to boot. I wonder what will the other Hang be? Han Kastouri, Han Jee Fat, Han Lok Kiou and Han Lee Ki? LMFAO

Despite all that, I am excited to see how this project will turn out. It does feel kinda cool to see Jebat (he's my fav btw) being animated through Japanese animation. This might be the first time we will be able to see keris in anime XD

7 comments:

Wait....I thought Gonzo didn't exist anymore?

I thought so too. It is either they aren't or we have been punk'd

At least they didn't change him into a female warrior.

Actually it would be interesting if they did. Especially if they made them like that of Queen's Blade.

Many Malaysian will die of stroke. *chuckles*

Kelantan banning anime? How ridiculous. Let me tell you, actually until today the anime still can be found in almost all DVD shops around here (I'm a Kelantan resident btw). Perhaps you were confusing about a recent news about anime is not safe for kids that was happen in here? That was from Lembaga Penapisan Filem and they are not Kelantan state government agency. No such thing as "seizing all the DVD, VCD and anime-related stuff from the stores and declare that it is illegal" here.

you mean the bootlegs stuff? It came as no surprise for me. They say one thing but do another.

Post a Comment

Do it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...