12 July 2012

First Impression: Sword Art Online

One of the few anime I look forward to this season for the simple fact that it is produced by A-1 Pictures. Yes, I am officially a studio-fag now.

Sword Art Online is a virtual game that allowed the players get into the game and mentally moves their body like they normally would. It was the first day the game was released officially and thousands of players gathered in that virtual world only to be trolled by the creator: they can't log out unless they clear the game. If they forced it then they are dead. If they didn't survive the game, their dead as well. 



a daughter? already? >_>

Our protagonist, Kirito, was a player for the beta version so obviously he has some advantage. He kinda has  a complex - most possibly an extreme introvert. So it would be interesting to see him overcome all his inner conflict. I can't say much about the other characters because the only one they have introduce is Klein who is a noob and the first friend Kirito made in SOA.


Watching SOA somehow reminds me of Brave Hearts. Go figure. Also, the virtual online thingy, if you are a big fan of D.J. Machale's Pendragon series, then it should occurred to you that Veelox and SOA shared something similar. Kirito even said it himself: He thinks that the virtual world feels more real than the real world. I know some if not most of us can relate to that.


Being a biased jerk that I am, I can't find no fault in the arts, animation, seiyuu, BGM, OP or the ED which means I like it. As I have said in my preview, this show is definitely a must watch show for me.

I'm pretty sure most people disagree with me but meh who cares.

Episodes: tbc
Aired: Summer 2012
Genres: Action, Adventure, Fantasy, Game, Romance

arts & animation 7/10
story 7/10
characters 8/10
sound  7/10
enjoyment 7/10
overall 7.2/10


p/s: Personally, I thought the title was dumb. 


5 comments:

Sword Art Online has been another surprise. I expected a regular RPG anime, but the animation looks really good and the story could go places. Wonder how it'll turn out.

they can troll us with whatever they want. It's the virtual world after all where anything is possible. So yeah...

This sounds like it's basically a complete rip off of The Matrix.....so I would probably like it.

Too bad I never watch anime!

^ I believe that. This actually sounds like something I would watch. I haven't had much to do, so what the hell?

what the hell indeed.

Post a Comment

Do it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...