Summer is around the corner which means I have yet a backlog of all the Spring anime. I am most likely won't have the time to sit down and watch the Summer anime either since my boss managed to convince me to come back to the company. So I am back at doing two jobs: being the project manager as well as a full time patisserie for Scrumbtious.
|credits to moetron|
As always, just know that I'm basing my opinion on the synopsis of the shows. They are pretty telling at times but can be totally misleading at some other times too. That's why I always check out every shows in that season, just to be saved.
My usual format resumes. First up is what I think the MUST WATCH (indefinitely) anime of the season. I have promised myself to be more realistic with my choices so I can chew whatever I put inside my mouth.
- MOYASHIMON RETURNS! ALL THE BACTERIA!! And that says it all.
- As a loyal fan and a fag of A-1 Pictures, I am already fapping to Sword Art Online. I have doubts that this could potentially be another Fractale but I won't let that dampen my spirits!
- Holy shit Yurumates 3D gets season 2? LOL of all anime but yes I'm still gonna watch this.
- I won't be bothered by the OVA/ONA/Specials except for Tight-Rope because the fujoshi in me is beaming at the moment at the prospect of having a yaoi included in the season. Hell yeah.
Next category is the shows that have the potential to be something more than average and might get a bump to be included in my MUST WATCH list.
- Look at the seiyuu who are part of the cast for La storia della Arcana Famiglia. Then look at the studio and finally the synopsis. There is no way I'm gonna miss this one. Not when Tomokazu Sugita is part of it.
- I am interested to see how are they going to execute, translate and adapt the romantic poems to an animation in Chouyaku Hyakunin Isshu: Uta Koi. If they done this right, it could be a hit. After all, I am a sucker for romance.
- I actually find Natsuyuki Rendezvous a bit creepy and I am not sure whether I like the theme of the romance in this show which will be featured in noitaminA slot. It all sounds so... GAAAAAYYYY. Wait a minute, aren't I all for gays? Well, I didn't enjoy Sakamichi no Apollon as much either. Something is wrong with me...
- The character designs in Kokoro Conenct looks awfully like those of K-ON and Sora no Woto. However that's not the reason why I want to watch this. Gender-bend should be fun, don't you think?
- Blood Lad seems so familiar but I don't think I've read the manga before. Either way it seems interesting enough to pique my interest. Hey, at least Staz doesn't sparkles!
- I like J.C. Staff but why are they coming up with an anime that sounds vaguely familiar to K-ON!? I am not writing Joshiraku off just yet though. It still has the potential to be good if they done the comedy part right.
Now that we have got those out of the way, it is time for the average shows that might be dropped for being predictable and cliche. This all depends on first impression. I am that picky because I can't afford to otherwise.
- I have seen Kingdom. Though it takes a while to get used to it, it is eventually as bad as I thought it was but I find myself to continue watching the show.
- I was more than ready to dismiss Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate when I saw that characters belong to a food club that does nothing. If there is a reason why I don't include this show in the anishit list, it's because of the art. AIC Build better up their game with this one!
- When I read the synopsis for Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita, I thought I have gone back to the world of Smurfs because that's what it reminded me of. This has the potential to be in the anishit list but I feel like I should give this one a chance at least.
- Ebiten: Kouritsu Ebisugawa Koukou Tenmon-Bu might be a harem but when I saw the word fujoshi, I don't think I can turn my back on this show without giving it a proper chance. I might regret it later though...
- The ascend or descend of Tari Tari depends on the type of music that this show is going to put forth for the audience. I have a feeling there will be dorama. I hope there will be. I can't have another show like K-ON this season. There are too many of them already.
- If it wasn't for the poster art, I would have dismissed Arve Rezzle and included it in the anishit list. I hope those two characters are siblings and there would be incest in this one. Hey, don't judge me =P
- I first thought that Oda Nobuna no Yabou is somewhat a yuri show. Turns out it is just harem but I like what I see with the character designs so I changed my mind and will give show a try.
And without further ado, below are the anime that is more likely to be included in my anishit list. These are the shows that I won't bothered with except if I'm really bored and has nothing better to do than waste my time raging. In other words, the shitty/ecchi shows. It could also be the show that I'm curious about but know that I only watch the first episode to prove that I'm right at how bad it is. Also, why most of the shitty shows must have the exclamation mark in their title? To emphasize how shitty they are?
- I wasn't a fan of big boobs and add that to a rather confusing synopsis, I don't think Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse is my kind of anime...
- A harem love comedy plus magic battles... two things that I am not a fan of so yeah, pretty much saying no to Campione!
- I smell harem and incest in Kono Naka ni Hitori, Imouto ga Iru! Shit, not the kind that I like either...
- Oh fuck what's with the harem this season? Another one? Hagure Yuusha no Estetica has a very cliche synopsis that I don't really look forward to at all.
- Oh please... can't they come up with a better story line then ecchi guy met alien girl who sucks on his ecchi and he has to gain it back tenfold? Reading the synopsis of Dakara Boku wa, H ga Dekinai makes me mad. Not a good sign at all.
- Err... is it just me who found it disturbing when an elementary kid falls for an older guy and pursue her love as well? So no, Chitose. I don't get you. Conclusion: I am staying away from Chitose Get You!! Double exclamation mark people! Beware.
- Another anime show with an exclamation mark. Binbou-gami ga! synopsis fails to make me interested, especially since I think that this one could turn out to be another yuri-oriented show. Plus I think it's ecchi and I hate ecchi shit.
- This one ain't shitty but it ain't good either. Tanken Driland is an adaptation of a mobile game so I'm sure a woman my age won't enjoy it like a kid should.
And here are the shows that I don't give a damn about because I haven't finished watching the previous season or never has the intention of watching it in the first place.
- Rinne no Lagrange 2
- Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon II
- Dog Days'
- Hakuouki Reimeiroku
- Yuru Yuri 2
Last but not least, lets take a look at the few movies that caught my interest:
- Blood-C: The Last Dark because you know, I like vampire and blood. They are two good combinations. That is if the vampire in question doesn't sparkles, bad ass female and used katana to kill her enemy.
- I can still remember the TV show quite clearly so I am actually pretty excited to see Toshokan Sensou: Kakumei no Tsubasa if for the simple reason to see two main characters get it together. I like the short male protagonist. He's cute.
- HOLY FUCK KENSHIN IS BACK in Rurouni Kenshin: Shin Kyouto Hen Part II.
- For some reason, I have always been fascinated to any anime that shows the old era of Japan and naturally I can't wait to see what Ashura has in store for me.
- And also, Persona 4 the Animation is getting it's own movie. Fuck I need to complete the TV series as soon as possible then.
And that pretty much concludes the preview for Summer. I am sure there will be plenty other anime to look forward to but at the moment I am pretty satisfied with the anime in my MUST WATCH list. They are the one that I actually have an ounce of care for.