17 May 2012

Anime: Summer 2012 v1

I haven't watched most of the shows for Spring but moetron has the preview chart for Summer ready for viewing. After all, there are less than 2 weeks left before June begins. Yikes... what happened to my Spring? What happened to my youth? O wait- nvm...


Before we start, just know that I'm basing my opinion on the synopsis of the shows. They are pretty telling at times but can be totally misleading sometimes too. That's why I always check out every shows in that season, just to be saved.

Aight my usual format resumes. First up is what I think the MUST WATCH (indefinitely) anime of the season. I listed a few for Spring but ended up loyally watching only two shows, both are from A-1 Pictures studio. So for Summer I will try to be more realistic with my choices.

  • MOYASHIMON RETURNS! ALL THE BACTERIA!! And that says it all.
  • As a loyal fan and a fag of A-1 Pictures, I am already fapping to Sword Art Online. I have doubts that this could potentially be another Fractale but I won't let that dampen my spirits!
  • Look at the seiyuu who are part of the cast for La storia della Arcana Famiglia. Then look at the studio and finally the synopsis. There is no way I'm gonna miss this one. Not when Tomokazu Sugita is part of it.

Next category is the shows that have the potential to be something more than average and might get a bump to be included in my MUST WATCH list.


  • I am interested to see how are they going to execute, translate and adapt the romantic poems to an animation in Chouyaku Hyakunin Isshu: Uta Koi. If they done this right, it could be a hit. After all, I am a sucker for romance.
  • I actually find Natsuyuki Rendezvous a bit creepy and I am not sure whether I like the theme of the romance in this show which will be featured in noitaminA slot. It all sounds so... GAAAAAYYYY
  • The character designs in Kokoro Conenct looks awfully like those of K-ON and Sora no Woto. However that's not the reason why I want to watch this. Gender-bend should be fun, don't you think?
  • Blood Lad seems so familiar but I don't think I've read the manga before. Either way it seems interesting enough to pique my interest. Hey, at least Staz doesn't sparkles!

Now that we have got those out of the way, it is time for the average shows that might be dropped for being predictable and cliche. This all depends on first impression. I am that picky because I can't afford to otherwise.

  • I am not too sure what to make of Kingdom. I don't think the story sucks but it is not something that I dig either. If I was to watch this, it must be because of Jun Fukuyama though I am yet his seiyuu fag.
  • I wasn't a fan of big boobs and add that to a rather confusing synopsis, I don't think Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse is my kind of anime...
  • I was more than ready to dismiss Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate when I saw that characters belong to a food club that does nothing. If there is a reason why I don't include this show in the anishit list, it's because of the art. AIC Build better up their game with this one!
  • When I read the synopsis for Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita, I thought I have gone back to the world of Smurfs because that's what it reminded me of. This has the potential to be in the anishit list but I feel like I should give this one a chance at least.
  • Ebiten: Kouritsu Ebisugawa Koukou Tenmon-Bu might be a harem but when I saw the word fujoshi, I don't think I can turn my back on this show without giving it a proper chance. I might regret it later though...
  • I like J.C. Staff but why are they coming up with an anime that sounds vaguely familiar to K-ON!? I am not writing Joshiraku off just yet though. It still has the potential to be good if they done the comedy part right.
  • The ascend or descend of Tari Tari depends on the type of music that this show is going to put forth for the audience. I have a feeling there will be dorama. I hope there will be. I can't have another show like K-ON this season. There are too many of them already.
  • If it wasn't for the poster art, I would have dismissed Arve Rezzle and included it in the anishit list. I hope those two characters are siblings and there would be incest in this one. Hey, don't judge me =P

And without further ado, below are the anime that is more likely to be included in my anishit list. These are the shows that I won't bothered with except if I'm really bored and has nothing better to do than waste my time raging. In other words, the shitty/ecchi shows. It could also be the show that I'm curious about but know that I only watch the first episode to prove that I'm right at how bad it is. Also, why most of the shitty shows must have the exclamation mark in their title? To emphasize how shitty they are?

  • A harem love comedy plus magic battles... two things that I am not a fan of so yeah, pretty much saying no to Campione!
  • I smell harem and incest in Kono Naka ni Hitori, Imouto ga Iru! Shit, not the kind that I like either...
  • Oh fuck what's with the harem this season? Another one? Hagure Yuusha no Estetica has a very cliche synopsis that I don't really look forward to at all.
  • Oh please... can't they come up with a better story line then ecchi guy met alien girl who sucks on his ecchi and he has to gain it back tenfold? Reading the synopsis of Dakara Boku wa, H ga Dekinai makes me mad. Not a good sign at all.
  • The force of yuri is strong in Oda Nobuna no Yabou. Though the show might not necessarily be shit, I am still not a fan of yuri and that's why this show is in this list.
  • Err... is it just me who found it disturbing when an elementary kid falls for an older guy and pursue her love as well? So no, Chitose. I don't get you. Conclusion: I am staying away from Chitose Get You!! Double exclamation mark people! Beware.
  • Another anime show with an exclamation mark. Binbou-gami ga! synopsis fails to make me interested, especially since I think that this one could turn out to be another yuri-oriented show. Plus I think it's ecchi and I hate ecchi shit.

And here are the shows that I don't give a damn about because I haven't finished watching the previous season or never has the intention of watching it in the first place.

  • Rinne no Lagrange 2
  • Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon II
  • Dog Days'
  • Hakuouki Reimeiroku
  • Yuru Yuri 2

I won't be bothered by the OVA/ONA/Specials except for Tight-Rope because the fujoshi in me is beaming at the moment at the prospect of having a yaoi included in the season. Hell yeah.

Last but not least, lets take a look at the few movies that caught my interest:

  • Blood-C: The Last Dark because you know, I like vampire and blood. They are two good combinations. That is if the vampire in question doesn't sparkles, bad ass female and used katana to kill her enemy.
  • I can still remember the TV show quite clearly so I am actually pretty excited to see Toshokan Sensou: Kakumei no Tsubasa if for the simple reason to see two main characters get it together. I like the short male protagonist. He's cute.
  • Come on now, who wouldn't be stoked with Berserk Ougon Jidahen II: Doldrey Kouryaku must have some loose screws in their head.
  • HOLY FUCK KENSHIN IS BACK in Rurouni Kenshin: Shin Kyouto Hen Part II.
  • For some reason, I have always been fascinated to any anime that shows the old era of Japan and naturally I can't wait to see what Ashura has in store for me.

And that pretty much concludes the first version of this preview for Summer. I am sure there will be plenty other anime to look forward to but at the moment I am pretty satisfied with the anime in my MUST WATCH list. They are the one that I actually have an ounce of care.


7 comments:

glothelegend's Summer Animelist:

- MOYASHIMON
- Glothelegend's Spring Anime List

Theeee end!

Seems like a particularly weak season. That's fine, though. I have older shows that I have been meaning to watch, and this season had way too much that was worth checking out to even think about going back to older stuff.

I can't even bitch about the lack of good shows because MOYASHIMON RETURNS! That's all I care about atm to be honest. That and the only A-1 Pictures' anime of the season. Be damned with the others!

One series! SWORD ART ONLINE!? I can't wait!! Those character designs from both seasons of Working! Hell yes <3 <3

Course more Rinne no Lagrange for me as well, but there are a few series I am so excited for and of course a few that sound really dumb...ah well every season is full of hits and misses and now I have to get busy with the other writers for Metanorn summer preview.

Thanks for sharing this Klux <3

I'm fapping to Sword Art Online because of the studio that produce it but after knowing that the designs are from the same person doing Working, I'll fap twice as hard!

OH NO SOMEONE HAS NOT DONE THEIR RESEARCH INTO BINBOUGAMI-GA! MUST...BE...RECTIFIED.../shot

I will check it out and see if I'm wrong or you're right. I'll get the gun ready, just in case :D

Post a Comment

Do it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...